NOTICE TO CONTRIBUTORS
NOTICE TO CONTRIBUTORS
Journal of Pan-Arab League of Dermatologists is published triannually (February, June & October) and will publish original articles on all aspects of Dermatology, STDs and andrology.
· Should be sent to: Prof. Assem Farag, 155, El-Nozha St., Heliopolis, Cairo.
· They should be typewritten, double-spaced and with a wide margin (max. 10 pages).
· The name(s) of the author(s) should be written on a separate page together with the title.
· The second page should bear the title (without author's name) and abstract of the content. The succeeding pages will bear the rest of the article.
· Two copies of the article and photographs are needed.
· A detailed Arabic summary is obligatory.
· Should be referred to in the text as Fig. and be given Arabic numerals (e.g. Fig. 3).
· Photographs should be of good quality, printed on glossy photographic paper.
· The back of each illustration should bear a reference number corresponding to its number in the manuscript, the name of the author(s) and title.
· Each illustration should be accompanied by a legend clearly describing it. These legends should be grouped on a separate sheet of paper.
A. In the text: references must be identified in the text by superscript Arabic numerals in order of their mention. Reference is made by giving the surname of the author and the year of publication in parentheses, e.g. El-Hefnawy, Zawahry and El-Mofty (1965). Otherwise, only the first author followed by (et al.) and the year.
B. In the second on "references": they should be listed in the order in which they appear in the manuscript.
Name followed by initial of the author(s) – year of publication in parentheses - title of paper – abbreviation of the Journal as it appears in the original periodical – volume – page.
e.g. Anis K, Aly M, Nassar L and Mahger F (1980). Studies on psoriasis. Arch Derm, 26: 156.
Name(s) – year – title – edition – volume – publisher – place – page referred to.
e.g. Lever WF and Schaumberg G (1975). Histopathology of the skin. 5th edition, Lippincott, Philadelphia, p. 109.
For books having an editor and contributors:
Author(s) – title – year – in: title of book (editors) – edition – volume – publisher – place – page referred to.
e.g. Bear JM & Wilson Jones E (1972). Necrobiotic disorders. In: Textbook of Dermatology (edited by AJ Rook, DS Wilkinson and FJ Ebling), 2nd edn, volume 2, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, p. 1066.
Cost for publication:
A) For the original article: LE 200 or $ 80.
Maximum 10 pages, extra pages will be charged more.
Photographs: A) black & white: minimum LE 60 or $ 25 for 4 photographs or less.
NB: submit 2 prints (6 x 9).
B) Color: minimum LE 500 or $ 200 for 4 photographs or less (NB: submit positive slides not prints).
For review articles: free of charge.